6-port/2-position bidirectional injection
The L-Switch™ is a bidirectional 6-port / 2 position valve for injection or switching different fluids. It’s configuration make it ideal for recirculation in cell culture.
- Easy to setup and use
- Chemically and biologically compatible (wetted materials: PEEK)
The L-SWITCH™ is a 6-port / 2-position injection valve: Peripheral ports (numbered from 1 to 6) can alternatively be connected the right or the left neighbor.
The L-SWITCH™ is actuated by a motor that drives a rotor – where the fluidic path is engraved – against a stator – hosting the fluidic ports.
Bidirectionalflow in the L-SWITCH™.
The ESS™ L-SWITCH™ can be used as a useful cell culture tool: a small volume of buffer can be recirculated within a closed loop into the chip for several hours or days. Combined with our MFCS™-EZ it can achieve a highly stable flow with a positive impact on the shear stress.
The ESS™ L-SWITCH™ valve enables you to load and inject a precise volume of fluid. By selecting the position of the L-SWITCH™ you will choose when you want to load the fluid then inject it (using a sample loop).
Several sample loops are available from 5 µL to 100 µL.
• ESS™ Control software.
• Low internal volume (660nL)
• Automated control
• Usable with or without a sample loop
• No dead volume
• External fittings
• Port-to-port switching: 100ms
• Save time with automation capabilities
• Simplify chip design
• Save bench space
• Maintain sample integrity
• Reduce reagent consumption
• Communicate with external devices
• Maximum applied pressure: 7bar
• Size: 7x9x15cm3
• Weight: 475g
• Power supply; RJ45 to the SWITCHBOARD
• P/N = LSW001 (Product Number)
The ESS™ Control allows to visualize and control the L-SWITCH and other Fluigent valves position in real time. We have also developed many features to simplify routine experiments :
• Ability to record and log the positions of all devices during the experiment.
• Save a set of parameters as a configuration/method.
• Modular display of your devices: the main window can be contracted and expanded.
• Every control can be undocked and displayed in an individual and repositionable compact window.
• Customize the interface, such to include switch names and fluidic ports for ease of identification.
- To learn how to connect the L-Switch™ on the Switchboard, go to the ESS™ section.Concerning the tubing connection:
- Cut the 1/16’’ OD tubing to the desired length, leaving a square-cut face.
- Insert the tubing into a nut until it passes 1.5 – 3mm.
- Insert into a port of L-SWITCH™, twist until it is tightened. You can pull gently the tubing to verify that it is securely connected to the port.
- In order to connect a sample loop to the L-SWITCH™, you will need two nuts and two ferrules, in addition to the sample loop itself (nuts and ferrules are provided with the sample loop).
- Pass one end of the sample loop through a nut.
- Add a ferrule
- Hold the set together and insert it into a port of the L-SWITCH™ (for example, port 1 here).
- Twist until the set is tightened. You can pull gently the sample loop to verify that it is securely connected.
- Repeat these steps for the other end of the sample loop to connect it to another port of the L-SWITCH™ (for example port 4 here).