Fluigent USA - Product Specialist
FLUIGENT is an innovative, growing company involved in developing, manufacturing and marketing of fluid handling solutions for microfluidics and Lab-On-A- Chip applications. We are the pioneers of pressure based flow control. More than 2,000 FLUIGENT instruments can be found worldwide in the labs of world-class scientists and engineers in academia and industry. As a Product Specialist, one will support our growing US team and lead the customer support function for North America as well as participate in a multi-national team.
- Domain: Sales
- Location: Boston
Poste et missions:
As a Product Specialist, one will support our growing US team and lead the customer support function for North America as well as participate in a multi-national team.
- Being the Fluigent product expert in the US.
- Interfacing frequently with colleagues in Paris (travel there 1-2 times/year) to facilitate technology transfer.
- Trouble shoot customer issues with Fluigent Products.
- Assist in determining the optimum system configuration for new customers depending on their application.
- Periodic travel to customer locations throughout the US/Canada for installation, training, or customer support.
- Attendance at various scientific meetings.
- Application development to support marketing efforts.
- Recording all activities and customer contacts in the CRM software.
- Maintaining, servicing, repairing, updating, adjusting, and calibrating FLUIGENT equipment at the customer lab or Fluigent US facility.
- Cooperating actively with the Paris based R&D and European Customer Support teams for answering technical queries.
- BS/MS in Mechanical/Bio/Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Biotechnology or related area.
- Hands-on experience in microfluidics and experimental skills.
- Literate in a Windows based PC environment with some knowledge of other programming languages/interfaces such as LabView, Matlab, Python, etc.
- Ability to independently organize and plan actions, manage travel, and balance multiple priorities effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of cross-functional teams is required.
- Some familiarity with the current microfluidics literature.
- US Residency
Growth Opportunities- This role can lead in multiple directions as the company grows.