MFCS™-EZ flow control solution
MICROFLUIDIC FLOW CONTROL SYSTEM EZ
The MFCS™-EZ is a modular microfluidic flow controller. 4 channels with different pressures have been designed to fit with high precision operations in microfluidic experiments. By using the FASTAB™ microfluidic patented technology, this instrument generates a constant flow rate that allows for experimental reliability and repeatability.
Perfect for your setup:
- ideal flow control
- high quality manufacturer
- works with other fluigent components
- flow control solution for different setups
MAIN MFCS™-EZ BENEFITS
- Easy to Use
- Reliable and Reproductible Results
|Pressure ranges||0-345 mbar||0-800 mbar||0-1000 mbar||0-2000 mbar||0-7000 mbar|
|Positive or Negative||Both Push and Pull||Pull only||Push Only||Push Only||Push Only|
|Output Pressure Stability||Highly monodispersed droplet size - No oscillation|
|System Settling time||No transitory regime - Reagent savings - Stop-flows|
|Pressuring gas||Non corrosive or explosive gas (air, N2, Ar, O2, …) / No contamination between the MFCS™-EZ and the solutions and between the solutions|
|Size / Weight||16 x 23 x 6.5 cm3 (6.3 x 9 x 2.5 inch3) / 2.0 kg (4.4 lbs) - Compact controller|
|Output connectors||Female luerlock||4mm OD tube connectors|
|Volumes||Wide range of volume can be controlled - No compromise between volume and stability|
|Flexibility||Any mix of pressure ranges is available, even on one MFCS™-EZ - Highly customable|
- User-friendly interface with intuitive data presentation
- Instantaneous pressure and flow-rate monitoring (only with FRP)
- Script Module included to automate your microfluidic experiments
- Data recording
- Pressure limit option to prevent any damage on your system
- Customization available (name, unit, …)
- easy to use flow control solution
- And more…
FASTAB™ MICROFLUIDIC PATENTED TECHNOLOGY
- Legacy microfluidic control systems such as syringe, peristaltic or piston pumps are poorly adapted to the manipulation of fluid volumes in the sub microliter range, leading to long equilibration times, irreproducibility and pulsation.
- To solve this, Fluigent developed the patented FASTAB™ technology: a pressure driven technology that has no moving parts and includes an advanced feedback control algorithm to maintain precise pressure control.
- Based on the FASTAB™ technology, the MFCS™ series are compatible with any microfluidic application, from simple droplet generation to organ-on-a-chip experiments.
- Connect the MFCS™-EZ as described on the previous question.
- Connect the power supply and the USB cable to your computer.
- Press the Play button.
- Set the right inlet pressure on the display, according to the value written on the nameplate at the MFCS™-EZ back (below, the right value is 1300mbar).
Launch MAESFLO™ software
- The right value you have to set is written on the nameplate at the MFCS™-EZ back. In this example, it is 1300mbar
Turn the scroll wheel of the black manual regulator to adjust the pressure on the MFCS™-EZ display according to this value.
RELATED APPLICATIONS FOR FLOW CONTROL
Information, such as cell size, type discrimination and other quantitative characteristic information can be measured for biological systems using impedance spectroscopy. Our electrical impedance spectroscopy platform (or EISP) offers the advantage of acquiring this information from cells, or particles such as beads, without the need to label them, as would be needed for characterization using […]
Many microfluidic applications require expensive flow control solutions to be injected at a controlled flow-rate into a microfluidic system, such as cell cultures, PCR processes, cell injections or simulation of blood capillaries with a controlled minimal mechanical stress.