MFCS™-EZ LOW PRESSURE KIT
Compatible with any low pressure channel from 25mbar to 2000mbar ranges and from -800mbar to -25mbar ranges.
- MFCS-LP Male Luer Connector, 1.6mm (x4)
- MFCS-LP White Cap (x4)
- MFCS-LP Back flow Filters (x4)
- Tygon Tubing (2m) OD: 3mm, ID: 1mm
- Connect the MFCS™-EZ as described on the previous question.
- Connect the power supply and the USB cable to your computer.
- Press the Play button.
- Set the right inlet pressure on the display, according to the value written on the nameplate at the MFCS™-EZ back (below, the right value is 1300mbar).
- Launch MAESFLO™ software
The use of water-in-oil droplets in microfluidics in high-throughput screening is rapidly gaining acceptance. The main application areas currently involve screening cells as well as genetic material for various mutations or activity. Here the aim is to isolate single DNA molecules and analyze the enzymes and proteins resulting from their expression.
Many microfluidic applications require expensive solutions to be injected at a controlled flow-rate into a microfluidic system, such as cell cultures, PCR processes, cell injections or simulation of blood capillaries with a controlled minimal mechanical stress.
Many microfluidic applications require switching between multiple solutions (such as samples or buffers) while maintaining a constant flow-rate during the course of their experiment. In this application, one MFCS™-EZ pressure channel is connected via a manifold to ten separate vials containing different aqueous solutions.