The LineUpTM Push-Pull is a stand alone controller with the ability to deliver finely regulated pressure or a vacuum through a single outlet over the range of -800 to +1000 mbar. Suited for any application within this range, it brings the existing benefits of the LineUpTM series with expanded capabilities as well as superior stability and high performance.
Ease of use
Control with or without a PC
Pressure & Vacuum Control in one unit
Modular & Expandable
For experiments where combined or alternating pressure and vacuum based fluid movement, aspiration and dispensing can be accurately controlled
The combination of vacuum and pressure can be used to redirect the flow bidirectionally
Deliver small volumes with no waste
When samples from 5µL to 500 µL need to be injected to a chip, the tubing may be used as a reservoir. The main reservoir may be filled with another liquid, or air may be used to drive the liquid introduction
|Maximum pressure||1000 mbar (14.50 psi)|
|Maximum vacuum||-800 mbar (-13.05 psi)|
|Pressure supply||1100 mbar (15.95 psi)|
|Vacuum supply*||From 0 to -800 mbar (from 0 to -13.05 psi)|
|Pressure stability**||500 to 950 mbar (7.25 to 13.78 psi)||0,015% CV|
143 µbar (0.0021 psi)
|-400 to -750 mbar (-5.80 to -10.88 psi)||0,050% CV|
375 µbar (-0.0054 psi)
|Response time***||-50% to 50% (-500 to 500 mbar)||Down to 30 ms|
|50% to -50% (500 to -500 mbar)|
|Dimensions L*W*H||91,9 * 71,8 * 131 mm|
|Power consumption||6 W|
|Gas compatibility||Dry, oil-free, air (N2 , O2 , CO2), any non corrosive or non explosive gas|
|Liquid compatibility****||Aqueous solvent, oil, organic solvent, biological sample|
|Fluigent software||All-in-One (A-i-O)|
|Microfluidic Automation Tool (MAT)|
|Software Development Kit (SDK)|
*Maximum range depends on the vacuum pump performance.
**Stability tested over 30 seconds.
***The response time includes the settling time and the pressurization time of an empty 15 mL reservoir.
****Prevent any liquid from entering the device. A backflow filter or liquid trap reservoir can be used to avoid liquid flowing into pneumatic tubing.
The LineUP series modules are compatible with Fluigent’s newest software applications:
- The Fluigent All-in-One: Quickly monitor, control, and record data from all Fluigent instruments with ultra-fast datalogging and an integrated dashboard. More information on A-i-O »
- Microfluidic Automation Tool: Easily automate time based protocols for pressure/flow as well as valve control. This provides an intuitive Drag&Drop user interface, TTL Triggers and advanced automation logic. More information on the MAT»
- Software Development Kit: Integrate the LineUp Flow EZ™ seamlessly in your existing application. Available in C++, Labview, Matlab, Python, etc. More information on the SDK »
LineUp supply kit
Pressure & power supply
Yes, the LineUp Push-Pull can be used as a regular Flow EZ up to 1000 mbar or a negative Flow EZ down to -900 mbar. Connect the power supply and the required pressure or vacuum source to get the device ready to use. In order to use it with just a vacuum supplied you will have to bypass the pressure check window (see “How to bypass the pressure check window”).
If the input pressure is too low or too high, the pressure check window will display the current pressure supply value and the target pressure value to operate. Adjust the pressure source to match the target pressure and the operational window will automatically appear.
The pressure check window indicates if the pressure supplied meets the input requirement of the device., One cannot access to the operational window until they provide the required pressure supply value or intentionally bypass the check window.
In order to bypass the pressure check window and directly access to the operational window, one must :
- Ensure the LineUp Push-Pull is turned OFF or disconnected from power supply (If a LINK module is connected press and hold the button for several seconds to turn OFF the power)
- Reconnect the power supply to the device (or turn the LINK module ON by pressing its button again)
- While the device is turning ON, press and hold either the LineUp Push-Pull « P=0 » button (top right) or bottom left button for several seconds in order to bypass the check window.
Please note that if the input pressure goes above the maximum pressure of the device, the device will go into a security mode and lock itself out. This is done to prevent internal damage to the sensors. To unlock, reduce the input pressure and then press the button under the “unlock” text on the screen (typically bottom left button)
While using a vacuum or when the reservoir is full, there is a risk of backflow into the pneumatic tubing which could end up going into the device.
One solution would be to insert a backflow filter between the reservoir and the pneumatic tubing however this could affect the device performance by slowing the pressure response time.
When using a vacuum, a solution is to use a fluid reservoir such as a PCAP to trap any liquid between the device’s fluid outlet and the Flow-EZ vacuum channel