ESS™ M-SWITCH™ KIT
Designed to help our customers to daily use our M-SWITCH™.
- M-SWITCH™ Ferrule 1/16” (x20)
- M-SWITCH™ Plug (x10)
- FEP Tubing 1/16” OD x 0.10” ID (1m)
- Stop your experiment and remove the liquid that spilled out of the valve.
- Check the following points :
- Use 1/16’’OD (Outer Diameter) tubing only
- Use plugs on the non used ports
- Mark tubing at 24mm from the end. This length of tubing should be inside of the M-SWITCH™. It will be an indicator to ensure that the tubing is fully seated
- Use same tubing material (PEEK/FEP/ etc…) on all the ports of the M-SWITCH™
- Well tighten the spanner. To check the tightness of your connection, you may pull gently on the tubing & plugs
- To learn how to connect the M-Switch™ on the Switchboard, go to the ESS™ section.Concerning the tubing connection:
- Cut the 1/16’’ OD tubing to the desired length, leaving a square-cut face. For connecting a plug, take one of the plugs provided by Fluigent.
- Mark each piece of tubing or plug 24mm from the end (it will be an indicator to ensure that the tubing is fully seated).
- Loosen the Spanner adequately to release the ferrules of the integrated fittings.
- Insert the piece of tubing or plug in one port and push it all the way to the bottom of the port. The mark made at step 2 should be approximately flush with the top of the ram when tubing is fully seated.
- Once tubing or plugs have been inserted in all ports, tighten the spanner to clench the fittings around tubing and plugs and have a tight connection. To check the tightness of your connection, you may pull gently on the tubing and plugs: they must stay fitted in the integrated fittings.
- The M-SWITCH™ device can only be connected with 1/16’’ OD tubing.
- All ports need to be connected: Use plugs on the non-used ports.
- Use the same tubing material (PEEK/FEP) on all the ports to have a well tighten of the spanner.
The M-SWITCH™ can only be connected with 1/16’’ OD tubing. There is a wide variety of materials and internal diameters available with 1/16’’ OD tubing to suit your application. However, if you have constraints on your fluidic setup that force you to use tubing of other external diameters than 1/16’’, a wide range of adaptors and unions are available from the fittings suppliers, to make a junction between your specific tubing and the M-SWITCH™ tubing.
Warning: Please note that sleeves cannot be used directly in the M-SWITCH™ fluidic ports (risks of trapping the smaller tubing and possible non-tight connection).
The use of water-in-oil droplets in microfluidics in high-throughput screening is rapidly gaining acceptance. The main application areas currently involve screening cells as well as genetic material for various mutations or activity. Here the aim is to isolate single DNA molecules and analyze the enzymes and proteins resulting from their expression.
Information, such as cell size, type discrimination and other quantitative characteristic information can be measured for biological systems using impedance spectroscopy. Our electrical impedance spectroscopy platform (or EISP) offers the advantage of acquiring this information from cells, or particles such as beads, without the need to label them, as would be needed for characterization using […]
Many microfluidic applications require switching between multiple solutions (such as samples or buffers) while maintaining a constant flow-rate during the course of their experiment. In this application, one MFCS™-EZ pressure channel is connected via a manifold to ten separate vials containing different aqueous solutions.