Fluigent helps you with your daily routine with particular tips that can enhance your experience with your products.
What are the benefits of a flow-rate control with the FRCM?
The FRCM is the solution to control flow-rates within your system. The FRCM uses pressure actuation to control flow-rates. This unique algorithm adjusts the ordered pressures automatically to reach the flow-rate set point.
The process can be divided in 4 steps:
- Identification step to create the internal model: recording of flow-rate responses to pressure orders.
- The user enters flow-rate set points are via MAESFLO™ software. The FRCM algorithm automatically computes the pressure orders needed to obtain the flow-rate set points.
- The computed pressure orders are automatically sent to the pressure actuator (MFCS™-EZ or MFCS™-EX) which quickly applies them to the pressurized reservoirs.
- Finally, the pressure drives the liquids inside the reservoirs through the microsystem. The FRP sends back the measured flow-rates to the FRCM algorithm which compares computed and measured flow-rates.
There are many benefits:
- Is not sensitive to the transient behavior in the microsystems. It provides a stable behavior even if bubbles or clogging are present.
- Calculates a global solution (pressure to be applied) for the entire microsystem (tubing, microfluidic chip, …). It reduces the coupling effects between the channels and the transient states.
Was it useful or are you still facing some issues? Let us know in the comments below.