Fluigent introduces Aria our automated solution for cellular perfusion or timed injection protocols. Aria allows…
Every week, Fluigent helps you with your daily routine with particular tips that can enhance your experience with your products.
How do I add My M-SWITCH™ in my experiment?
This articles concerns only the fluidic connections of the M-SWITCH™. You have all the steps described with pictures, and with a step-by-step procedure below:
- Cut the 1/16’’ OD tubing to the desired length, leaving a square-cut face. For connecting a plug, take one of the plugs provided by Fluigent.
- Mark each piece of tubing or plug 24mm from the end (it will be an indicator to ensure that the tubing is fully seated).
- Loosen the Spanner adequately to release the ferrules of the integrated fittings.
- Insert the piece of tubing or plug in one port and push it all the way to the bottom of the port. The mark made at step 2 should be approximately flush with the top of the ram when tubing is fully seated.
- Once tubing or plugs have been inserted in all ports, tighten the spanner to clench the fittings around tubing and plugs and have a tight connection. To check the tightness of your connection, you may pull gently on the tubing and plugs: they must stay fitted in the integrated fittings.
- The M-SWITCH™ device can only be connected with 1/16’’ OD tubing.
- All ports need to be connected: Use plugs on the non-used ports.
- Use the same tubing material (PEEK/FEP) on all the ports to have a well tighten of the spanner.