Microfluidic Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy package
Electrical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) is a technique that guarantees fast throughput and label-free sensing so that it can be used to characterize electrical properties, size, or morphology of cells in microfluidic devices. Fluigent and Zurich Instruments drew on their expertise to propose a complete solution for EIS in microfluidics.
- Label-free analysis
- Wide range of analysis tools
- Small sample volumes
- Good integration with other analysis methods (e.g. optical detection)
- Simultaneous multi-frequency measurement
- [WEBINAR REPLAY] Fast Electrical Impedance For Characterisation and Counting
The microfluidic EIS technique involves monitoring the change in the frequency-dependent dielectric properties of the channel as the cell passes through it. The measurement requires both high sensitivity and fast response. As the analyte enters and exits the differential electrode pairs in a microfluidic chip, a peak and a trough in current are observed. With a differential input, the signal from the surrounding fluid is suppressed, meaning each cytometry event can be resolved with reduced noise.
They used our instruments in their research:
Control flow rate with the benefits of responsive, pulse free flow
Pulse-free flow is critical for generating high quality and repeatable results. The Flow EZ™ integrates the all-new DFC (Direct Flow Control) algorithm which allows the user to set a flow rate directly on the instrument display. The applied pressure will automatically adjust to maintain the flow rate.
A response time ten times faster compared to mechanical solutions
With the use of pressure instead of mechanical action, the Flow EZTM gets a responsiveness ten times faster than syringe pumps. A low response time allows one to quicky execute operations such as stop flow and pressure/flow rate steps.
- LINEUP FLOW EZ 2 bar (x2)
- LINEUP LINK (x1)
- FLOW UNIT M (x2)
- Electrical impedance spectroscopy chip and holder (contact us)
- HF2LI from Zurich Instruments
- HF2TA from Zurich Instruments
- Kit including all necessary tubing and connectors
- Pressure source (optional)
- Digital high-speed microscope (optional)