Data Privacy Statement
A/ Information on the collection of personal data
- We hereby provide you with information on the personal data which is collected when you use our website and our webshop. Personal data are any data that relate to you personally, such as your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
- Any questions relating to Data Privacy with Fluigent or this Policy should be sent by email to email@example.com
- Upon your contacting us either by e-mail or by means of a contact form, we will save the details which you provide (your email address, where applicable your first name and last name, your title, the name of your company, your address and your telephone number) in order to respond to your questions. We will delete the data arising in this regard once this storage is no longer necessary or else we will limit our processing of these data where we are obliged to retain them by law.
- Insofar as we use service providers to provide individual functions on our website or we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will provide you here with detailed information regarding the relevant procedures. We will also indicate the prescribed criteria for the storage period.
B/ Your rights
1. You have the following rights in relation to us in regard to the personal data relating to you:
- right of disclosure,
- right of collection or deletion,
- right for processing to be restricted,
- right to object to processing,
- right of data portability.
2. You are also entitled to submit a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
C/ Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- When you use our website for information purposes – i.e. if you do not send us any contact form or otherwise provide us with information – we will only collect the personal data which your browser provides to our server. If you wish to view our website, we will collect the following data which we require from a technical point of view in order to provide you with our website and to ensure stability and security (the basis in law is Art. 6 (1) Clause 1f GDPR):
- IP address
- time and data of your request
- time zone difference in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- contents of your request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- data volume transferred
- website from which your request has originated
- operating system and interface
- language and version of your browser software.
As example, your IP address is used when entering our webshop to set the right geographical area in order to give you the best experience possible. Your delivery country is then checked from the delivery address form at the checkout screen to ensure that it matches with the information that were displayed by our webshop.
2. As well as the above-mentioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk and assigned to the browser used by you. They provide the entity setting the cookie (in this case, us) with certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make a website more user-friendly and effective in general.
This website uses various types of cookies whose scope and functioning are outlined below:
– Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies will be automatically deleted after a specific period of time which may vary, depending on the cookie in question. You may delete cookies via your browser’s security settings at any time.
You may configure your browser settings in line with your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or even cookies in general. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
D/ Further functions and features of our website
- As well as the use of our website purely for information purposes, we also offer various services which you may use if these are of interest to you. For this purpose, as a rule you will need to provide further personal data which we will use in order to provide the service in question and for which the above-mentioned data processing principles apply.
- In some cases, we will use external service providers for processing of your data. We have carefully selected and commissioned these service providers, which are bound by our instructions and regularly reviewed.
E/ Objection to processing of your data or revocation of consent
- If you have provided us with consent for processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time. Once you notify us of this revocation, this will affect the permissibility of processing of your personal data.
- Insofar as we process your personal data on the basis of a balancing of interests, you may submit an objection to such processing. In particular, this will apply where processing is not necessary in order to fulfill a contract with you, which we will indicate in the following description of the functions in question. When exercising your right of revocation, please notify us of the reasons why we should no longer process your personal data in this way. In case of a legitimate objection, we will review the situation and either cease to process your data, adjust our processing or notify you of our imperative grounds which are worthy of protection and on account of which we will continue to process your data.
- You may naturally object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You may contact us as follows in order to notify us of your objection to advertising: firstname.lastname@example.org
F/ Use of our webshop
- If you wish to place an order through our online store, to conclude the relevant contract it is necessary for you to provide your personal data which we require in order to complete your order. The mandatory details which are required for processing of contracts are separately marked. Further details are voluntary. We will process the data provided by you in order to complete your order. We may forward your payment details to our principal bank for this purpose. The basis in law for this is Art. 6 (1) Clause 1b GDPR.You may voluntarily create a customer account through which we can save your data for subsequent further purchases. When you create an account under “My account”, the data which you provide will be saved with revocable effect. In the customer area of our website, you may delete any further data at any time, including your user account.We may also process the data which you provide in order to notify you of further interesting products featured in our portfolio or to send you emails with technical information.
- Due to requirements of commercial and tax law, we are obliged to save your address and your payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, we will restrict processing of these data after a period of [two years], i.e. your data will only be used in order to comply with applicable statutory obligations.
- In order to prevent unauthorized third-party access to your personal data – in particular, your financial data – the order transaction will be encrypted by means of TLS technology.
- Through its payment service providers such as Paypal, Stripe and Heidelpay we will collect, process and use Payment Data to verify the validity of your payment and thus be able to confirm your order. Payment data will be processed and stored by our provider in accordance with the strictest security rules applicable in the e-commerce sector. In particular, the operation will be carried out by a secure and encrypted process according to the state of the art.
G/ Newsletter & Offers
- Upon providing your consent, you may subscribe for our newsletter through which we will keep you informed of Fluigent’s current products, projects and services. The goods and services thus advertised are indicated in the declaration of consent.
- The only mandatory item of data required to receive our newsletter is your e-mail address. Additional, separately marked data are voluntary and will be used in order to address you personally. Once you have provided your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address in order to send you our newsletter. The basis in law is Art. 6 (1) Clause 1a GDPR.
- You may revoke your consent to receive our newsletter at any time and cancel our newsletter. You may provide notice of this revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by contacting us via the contact details provided in the Imprint section of our website.
- Please note that we will evaluate your user behavior in sending you our newsletter. For the purpose of this evaluation, the e-mails which we send you include so-called “tracking-tag”. You may object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each e-mail or by notifying us through a different means of communication. This information will be stored for as long as you continue to subscribe to our newsletter. Once you cancel your subscription, we will only save these data for statistical purposes and in anonymous form.
- Third party providers (Mailchimp, SendinBlue) are used to send our promotional offers and our newsletters by email. It implies the installation by the provider of this service of tracking devices for the activity of the recipients, in order to control the opening of the emails and the clicking of the links contained in the emails, and to be able to prepare with the information collected reports on the monitoring of the campaigns. In the same way, for some issues we use services of third parties, who act as data processors, with whom provide RGPD compliant data processing service in accordance with Article 28.3 of the RGPD.
H/ Use of Google Analytics
- Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies,” text files which are saved on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of this website. As a rule, the information which the cookie creates regarding your use of this website is transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. However, in the event that IP anonymization has been activated on this website, Google will previously shorten your IP address within member states of the European Union or other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will your full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to evaluate your use of this website, to compile reports regarding your website activities and to provide further services for the website operator associated with your use of its website and the Internet.
- The IP address which your browser provides to Google Analytics will not be pooled with other Google data.
- You may prevent storage of cookies by adjusting the settings of your browser software; however, please note that in this case you may not be able to make full use of all of the functions on this website. You may also prevent the registration of the data created by the cookie and relating to your use of this website (incl. your IP address) for Google and Google’s processing of these data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in which is available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp().” IP addresses are thus processed in shortened form, which means that they cannot be associated with specific persons. In the event that personally identifiable information were to arise through the data collected about you, this would therefore be eliminated immediately and these personal data would thus be promptly deleted.
- We use Google Analytics in order to analyze use of our website and to make regular improvements. The statistics which we thus obtain enable us to improve our website and to make it more attractive for you as a user. For those exceptional cases where personal data are transferred to the USA, Google is bound by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The basis in law for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) Clause 1f GDPR.
Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html , and data privacy statement: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
I/ Use of Google Adwords Conversion
- We use the services of Google Adwords in order to draw attention to our attractive products and services by means of advertising (so-called “Google Adwords”) featured on external websites. We are able to determine the level of success for individual advertising measures by comparison with the data for our advertising campaigns. Our aim here is to show you advertising which is of interest to you, to increase your level of interest in our website and to calculate advertising costs fairly.
- Google delivers these adverts by means of so-called “ad servers.” For this purpose, we use ad server cookies which enable the evaluation of specific performance measurement parameters, such as how often our adverts are displayed or the number of users’ clicks. If you access our website by clicking on a Google advert, Google Adwords will save a cookie on your PC. As a rule, these cookies expire after a period of 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. As a rule, for the purpose of analysis statistics the unique cookie ID, the number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the most recent impression (relevant for post-view conversions) as well as opt-out information (indicating that the user would prefer no further contact) will be saved within the scope of this cookie.
- These cookies enable Google to identify your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of the website of an Adwords customer and the cookie saved on his computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer will be able to determine that the user has clicked on the advert in question and has been forwarded to this page. A different cookie will be allocated to each Adwords customer. Cookies cannot therefore be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. We will not collect or process any personal data as part of the above-mentioned advertising measures. We merely receive statistical evaluations from Google. These evaluations enable us to identify which of our advertising measures are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data relating to the use of advertising. In particular, we are not able to identify users on the basis of this information.
- Due to the marketing tools which we use, your browser will automatically establish a direct connection with Google’s server. We do not have any influence over the scope or further use of the data which Google collects by means of this tool. The information provided by us thus reflects the scope of the information available to us: the integration of AdWords Conversion means that Google will be notified that you have called up the relevant section of our website or have clicked on one of our adverts. If you have signed up for a Google service, Google will be able to associate your visit with your account. Even if you have not registered with Google or logged in there, this service provider may be able to identify and save your IP address.
- You may prevent your inclusion in this tracking process by various means:a) through a relevant setting in your browser software. In particular, rejecting third-party cookies means that you will not receive any adverts from third-party providers;
b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking by adjusting your browser’s settings so as to block cookies for the domain ”www.googleadservices.com”, https://www.google.de/settings/ads. However, this setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies;
c) by deactivating interest-based adverts from providers which have signed up to the self-regulation campaign “About Ads” via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices. However, this setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies;
d) by permanently deactivating this in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browser via the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
- The basis in law for the processing of your data is Art. 6 (1) Clause 1f GDPR. You will find further information on data privacy at Google here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/en.html. Alternatively, you may visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google is bound by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
J/ The use of Google Remarketing